It just works
I love products that just work. They feel easy to use, well thought out and provide you with a sense of comfort that’s unexplainable. Products that make me say,
It just works.
Web and mobile apps give me that feeling too but I’m most inspired by physical products that accomplish this. It’s harder to do with physical products that have to go through slower iteration cycles than software products before they can be delivered to you for your use. As someone who creates software products and is always trying to get better at creating products, I also say,
They thought of everything.
Here are some lesser known products (not including Apple products) that make me feel this way when I use them:
- The Breville One-Touch Tea Maker (I love tea)
- Bose QuietComfort 20i Noise Cancelling Headphones (works as advertised)
- Valentine One Radar Detector (I like to drive)
- Spigen iPhone 6 Slim Case (it’s almost paper thin and feels great)
- Urbanears Kransen Black Earphones (they fit in my pocket and don’t tangle)
- Skiva 2-in-1 Cable with Lightning & microUSB connectors (multi-purpose cable FTW)
- Breville Smart Oven Toaster (never burns your food)
What products make you feel this way? Add them in the comments.