5 hacks to increase your daily consumption of information
I’m an information junkie. I love to consume information. I even love email and like to tell people that it’s OK to send me more email if they need some advice, feedback or just want to vent. I don’t reach information overload. I’m an infovore.
A person who indulges in and desires information gathering and interpretation.
Here are five of my favorite hacks that help me consume and synthesize more information faster.
- Listen to audio books and videos at 2x or greater speed.
- Take notes on your phone when watching speakers at conferences.
- Install Elevate to train your brain daily.
- Immediately after a meeting spend 3-5 minutes to write a summary of it.
- Quickly read book summaries on your phone using Blinkist.
Most of the hacks are to increase the speed at which you consume information. A couple of them are to help you synthesis and process information. I think both are important if you want to make sure that you are able to make use of the information and turn it into useful knowledge.
Got hacks of your own? Share them in the comments.